VF Team Role:
Darrien is “of counsel” with VF Law, specializing in litigation of construction defects in single family homes, multi-family communities, homeowner associations, and commercial buildings. .
Darrien has been practicing law for 25years, and (almost) exclusively construction defect law for 20 years. He is passionate about helping Arizona homeowners protect the value of their homes, and has been instrumental in recovering tens of millions for thousands of clients. He is experienced in all aspects of construction defect litigation, and has argued before the Arizona Court of Appeals and Arizona Supreme Court, and his arguments and theories have helped shape Arizona law regarding construction defect claims. In addition to practicing in the courtroom, Darrien teaches at numerous seminars regarding construction defect issues.
Before getting involved with CD work, Darrien worked as an associate attorney at several Phoenix law firms from 1996 to 2002, where he handled a variety of matters, primarily in commercial litigation. Before landing at Vial Fotheringham LLP, Darrien worked at Dicks, Coglianese & Shuquem LLP from November 2002 through May 2015, first as an associate and then as a partner, litigating construction defect claims on behalf of homeowners and homeowner associations.
- B.A., University of California Santa Barbara, 1991, Political Science
- B.A., University of California Santa Barbara, 1991, Communication Studies
- J.D., University of San Francisco Law School, 1996
- While at law school, Darrien was a Moot Court winner his first year, selected for Law Review in his second year, and was a Law Review Editor during his final year.
Darrien occasionally instructs for the Arizona State Bar and other Continuing Legal Education (CLE providers). Darrien is a current board member and past president of the Construction Law Section of the Maricopa County Bar Association.
- California State Bar
- Arizona State Bar
- Federal Court, District of Arizona