Jeff is one of Utah’s premier construction and development attorneys. He primarily represents and advises developers, contractors, homeowners associations, and other small businesses in all legal matters starting from business formation through exit strategies. While Jeff’s practice covers all aspects of a small business, Jeff is an especially accomplished litigator and trial attorney.
Jeff joined Vial Fotheringham in 2015. After law school, Jeff started his career at one of Utah’s largest law firms where he practiced as a business attorney and corporate litigator for several years. In 2013, he founded Owens Law Firm, where he maintained his practice before joining Vial Fotheringham. Jeff has successfully litigated and tried many cases in state and federal courts all over Utah, and has argued several cases before the Utah Supreme Court, the Utah Court of Appeals, and the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Juris Doctor, University of Tulsa
- Bachelor of Arts, Utah State University
- Utah Homebuilders Association
- Southern Utah Homebuilders Association
- Utah Valley Homebuilders Association
- Salt Lake Home Builders Association
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Utah Chapter
- Community Association Institute, Utah Chapter
- Utah State Bar
- Utah Supreme Court
- United States District Court
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
When Jeff is not practicing law, he enjoys spending time with his family, backpacking, hiking, reading, and cheering on the Utah State Aggies.