Jeff is an expert litigator and trial attorney. He primarily represents homeowner associations, contractors, and individuals in complex construction defect cases. He also serves as general counsel to a wide variety of small businesses.
Jeff joined Vial Fotheringham in 2015. After graduating law school in 2005, Jeff began his career at one of Utah’s largest law firms, where he practiced as a corporate litigator for several years. In 2013, he founded Owens Law Firm where he continued his litigation practice before joining Vial Fotheringham. Jeff has successfully litigated and tried many cases in state and federal courts all over Utah, and has argued several cases on appeal to the Utah Supreme Court, the Utah Court of Appeals, and the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- J.D. University of Tulsa, 2005
- B.A. Utah State University, 2003
- Member, Community Association Institute, Utah Chapter
- Member, Utah State Bar Real Estate Section
- Member, Utah State Bar Litigation Section
- Utah State Bar
- Utah Supreme Court
- United States District Court, District of Utah
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
Jeff enjoys spending time with his amazing wife and four children, and loves the Utah State Aggies. When not working, Jeff enjoys attending Aggie games, reading, hiking, backpacking, and riding his bike.