VF Team Role:
- Associate Attorney in the Salt Lake City office.
Justin prides himself on being a responsive, client-centered professional committed to helping individuals and organizations obtain success through cutting edge strategies, and extensive asset protection and planning expertise.
With an advanced law degree in real estate laws, Justin specializes in the area of contracts; collections; real estate finance, development and transactions; Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcies; and wills, trusts and estate planning.
His real estate experience includes complex transactions involving: real estate litigation, purchase and sale, securitization,
leasing, finance, title, environmental law, taxation, investment, development, zoning, permitting, subdivision, land use,
common interest communities, construction defect, and mechanic’s and construction liens.
For over a decade, Justin has practiced in the States of Utah and California representing individuals and business owners, municipalities, local utility districts, property managers, condominium and home owner associations as general counsel as well as in collections.
Some of his former clients of note, include:
- Private:Bank of Commerce; JF Shea Co., Inc.; Knauf Insulation GMBH; Placer Title Company; Holiday Market, Inc.
- Public:California Department of Transportation; City of Redding, CA; City of Shasta, CA; City of Shasta Lake, CA; and City of Centerville, CA
- Franchise:Subway; Jack in the Box; Carl’s Jr.; Black Bear Diner; and am/pm
- Development:Ochoa & Shehan Builders, Inc.; Palomar Development, Inc.; and Northwest Homes
- LL.M (Master of Laws, Real Estate Law) “with Honors“, The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois, 2006.
- Juris Doctor, South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts (English), Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, 2002
Justin is a Member of the Utah and California State Bars; the Utah Bankruptcy Law Forum; Utah State Bar Bankruptcy Law, Collection Law, and Real Estate Law Sections; and the J. Reuben Clark Law Society.
- Utah State Bar, Admitted 2006
- State Bar of California, Admitted 2006
- Federal District Court, District of Utah, Admitted 2012
Justin has served in many civic and religious leadership positions including as a Bishop in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints where he served a two-year mission in Houston, Texas from 1997-1999, and has worked with and coached youth sports and led BSA Scouting programs for many years. He loves spending time with his family, writing and reading science fiction and fantasy short stories and novels, and serving others. He is an Eagle Scout and Brotherhood member of the Order of the Arrow.