Since 1985, Rob has provided legal and tax advice to clients relating to their personal estate and business planning needs. Rob regularly assists clients with the preparation and implementation of wills, revocable living trusts, irrevocable trusts, gift planning strategies, charitable giving strategies (including charitable trusts), powers of attorney for financial decision-making, and advance directives for health care decision-making.
The majority of Rob’s clients are referred to him by other professionals and current clients who have come to rely on him for providing outstanding estate planning legal work at a reasonable cost. Rob’s broad business and real estate experience is a natural outgrowth of his estate planning practice, with many of his clients seeking assistance with their businesses (corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies), contract and lease negotiations, and business succession planning.
VF Team Role:
Rob works out of VF Law’s Portland office and represents clients throughout the Northwest on matters relating to estate planning (wills/trusts/estate and gift tax reduction); probate, guardianship/conservatorship; real estate (purchases/sales/leases); and business (corporations/partnerships/LLCs/contracts).
Direct Line: 503.210.3095
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., Cum Laude, 1985
- University of Utah, B.A. (English Literature), Cum Laude, 1982
- Oregon State Bar Association (Estate Planning and Administration Section)
- Stake President of the Hillsboro Oregon Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Past President/Board Chair of Bienestar (formerly known as Housing Development Corporation of Northwest Oregon), a non-profit community development organization that provides affordable housing and adult and youth services to enrich the lives of low-income working families
- Currently active in Oregon State Bar
- Previously admitted to Utah and Nevada State Bars
Rob was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. He and his wife, Linda, were married in 1982, and have five children and a growing number of grandchildren. Rob lives in Hillsboro, Oregon, and enjoys playing golf and traveling to see his grandchildren when he is able to get away from the office.