Chris practices HOA law out of the Portland VF Law office, focusing on construction defect litigation, general litigation, appellate work, adoption and HOA.
Over the past few years, Chris has been involved with several VF Law HOA law forums and Lorman® seminars. He’s also been featured in law-related articles in the Daily Journal of Commerce and The Oregonian.
Articles and Presentations:
- Contributing author, case note, Morgan v. Goodsell, Oregon State Bar Real Estate and Land Use Section Journal (2005)
- Lecturer, Annual HOA Law Forum presented by the NW HOA Law Center (2001-2004)
- Contributing author, “The Official HOA Handbook for Oregon,” 2002 and 2003 editions
- Author, “Owners’ Right to Inspect Records,” HOA Quarterly (Spring 2004)
- Contributing author, case note, Association of Unit Owners of Bridgeview Condominium v. Dunning, et al., Oregon State Bar Real Estate and Land Use Section Journal (2003)
- Former co-host of “Neighborhoods on Trial” radio program about homeowner and condominium associations (2002-2003)
VF Team Role:
Chris has been practicing in Portland, Oregon since 2001, primarily focusing on construction defect and homeowner/condominium association representation, including other aspects of litigation that may arise in connection with homeowner associations. He also represents individuals in other areas of law, such as adoption proceedings. Chris has appeared in state courts in Oregon, in the Oregon Court of Appeals, and before the Land Use Board of Appeals. Prior to going to law school, Chris spent two years working as an assistant producer of the morning shows for two Salt Lake City radio stations.
- J.D. cum laude, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, 2001
- Lead Articles Editor, Brigham Young University Law Review, 2000-2001
- B.A., Brigham Young University, 1996
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- Community Associations Institute, Oregon Chapter – Board Member
- Reuben Clark Law Society
- Boy Scouts of America
Chris is an active volunteer in the Boy Scouts of America and a current board member of the Oregon Chapter of CAI.
- Oregon State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- Washington State Bar
- Utah State Bar
- Idaho State Bar
Chris grew up in Vancouver, Washington and always knew that he’d end up back in the Pacific Northwest. Chris has been married to his wife for 10 years, and together they have three sons and a daughter. Besides spending time with his family, Chris is a die-hard sports fan!